aHead in the CLOUD – cloudhackz.com
How Important is Video to Your Web Presence?
Video is one of those no-brainer components to any serious web presence, and it has actually been a no-brainer for several years now. Actually, video in general (not just internet) is a rapidly expanding market. Don’t forget about mobile devices, too — they are definitely contributing to video’s growth. Consider some compelling statistics concerning current and future video popularity.
- YouTube, a free video sharing site owned by Google, is the 4th most visited site in the U.S. according to Quantcast.
- According to Cisco, Internet video is now over one-third of all consumer Internet traffic, and will approach 40 percent of consumer Internet traffic by the end of 2010
- The sum of all forms of video (TV, video on demand, Internet, and P2P) will continue to exceed 91 percent of global consumer traffic by 2014. Internet video alone will account for 57 percent of all consumer Internet traffic in 2014. (Cisco)
- Advanced Internet video (3D and HD) will increase 23-fold between 2009 and 2014. By 2014, 3D and HD Internet video will comprise 46 percent of consumer Internet video traffic.(Cisco)
- Video communications traffic growth is accelerating. Though still a small fraction of overall Internet traffic, video over instant messaging and video calling are experiencing high growth. Video communications traffic will increase sevenfold from 2009 to 2014. (Cisco)
- Facebook experienced a two-fold growth in uploaded video after allowing users to e-mail video directly to FaceBook and via an updated iPhone app. (New York Times)
- The number of mobile video users will rise by 34% annually to reach 95 million in 2015. (guardian.co.uk)